Student Conduct and Student Complaints

The Student CONDUCT policy (WAC 132F-121-100delineates what is misconduct (WAC 132F-121-110). If a student's conduct does not comply with our student conduct policy, disciplinary sanctions may be imposed. Reasons for misconduct referral can include, but not limited to : plagiarism; intentional disruption of teaching, administration, or campus premises. The instructor should report the incident to the division Dean/Administrator who shall refer the matter in writing to the Vice President of Student Development Services. The Vice President of Student Development Services is responsible for disciplinary action related to student misconduct.

The Student COMPLAINTS policy (WAC 132F-121-060) describes the process students follow to complain about District or College policies and/or procedures that allegedly have not been followed by college personnel or students.

A student complaint/issue against an instructor should be referred to:

  1. The appropriate division Dean/Administrator. District policy and procedures emphasize that student complaints be processed on an informal basis first.  This usually entails involvement of the instructor and the Dean/Administrator to resolve the complaint at the informal level.
  2. A complaint by a student regarding grades should be referred to the appropriate division Dean for an informal resolution.  If the division Dean cannot resolve the complaint, then the student has the option of filing a formal complaint. 
  3. Formal Grade Complaints should be submitted in writing to the Grade Complaints Officer, College Center Building, Room CC 2358.

Classes | Map | People | Directory | Calendar


Need a NetID?

Students: Set one up now!

Employees: See your supervisor.